FAQ for applicants for DATA projects
1. Can a researcher from a non-Spanish Institution access the RES call?
Yes, RES resources are open to all scientists working in open research.
2. When and where can I send a request to access the call for RES data projects?
The first call for the RES data project is now open. Successive calls will be opened each year in November.
For more information and how to apply, visit https://www.res.es/es/acceso-a-la-res and watch this video.
3. Which data nodes are part of the RES?
The RES data network is formed by 9 data nodes spread throughout Spain:
- Barcelona (BSC-CNS, CSUC, and PIC)
- Extremadura (COMPUTAEX)
- Castilla y León (SCAYLE)
- Galicia (CESGA)
- Canarias (IAC)
- Zaragoza (BIFI)
- Málaga (SCBI)
You can view the characteristics of the data nodes in https://www.res.es/es/nodos-de-la-res.
4. Can I choose the RES data node I want for my project?
In each data management plan (DMP), which is part of the submission form, the user will indicate the preferred network node to store the data of the project. The node of choice will be taken into account in the evaluation process.
5. What is the application submission deadline?
The deadline to submit the application is on January 28th at 11 am.