One of the objectives of the RES is to promote knowledge about supercomputing technologies among the research community in Spain. For this reason, the RES sponsors the organization of scientific workshops that focus on the application of supercomputing technologies in a specific scientific area.
Last February 15, the results of the call for proposals to organize those events was published and five events were selected. The RES will provide funds to cover the conference costs, as well as the travel costs of the invited speakers. In total, the RES will allocate 15,000 euros to scientific workshops in 2018. All the events will be free of costs for attendees and they will gather prominent experts with high recognition in their field.
The events scheduled for 2018 are:
- High performance computing for next generation nanomaterials engineering: Barcelona, May 30 and 31.
- EuroMPI Workshops and Tutorials: Barcelona, September 23.
- Massive Sequencing and Supercomputing: life as a couple (II). Madrid, September 27.
- Financial Mathematics and Supercomputing: Santiago de Compostela (date TBA, September).
- Transcardio – RES (Translational Science in Cardiology): Barcelona (date TBA, October).
In the previous edition of this call, five scientific workshops sponsored by the RES were organized in different locations and addressing different scientific areas. These events were a success and more that 300 researchers participated in the workshops. In these workshops, information is provided on the access to RES resources to attract new users and disseminate the activities performed by the network.